28 Jun 2012

When The Sun Shines...

The Sun is shining upon London today, people are smiling, everyone is raving about the beautiful weather and then it had me thinking back to my holiday earlier this year in  a small town on the island of Tobago. I had the most spectacular time, and days like today bring those memories flooding back to me; I hope I can inject a little happiness, love and peace into your day by sharing with you a couple of extracts from my diary.

Firstly to set the scene... Imagine this - I am sat on a balcony overlooking the rainsforest and the caribbean sea, reggae plays in the background whilt I read the most splendid of books, watching parrots fly in circles and appreciating the sounds of nature.

"The waves lap and crash, the birds sing, the cockeral wakes you up earlier than needed. This place is truly spectacular. I think I have found the perfect place for people to rediscover themselves; to feel nature, to have the sun kiss their skin with it's abundance of warmth and vitamin D..."

"The level of people's friendliness has been astonishing, somewhat unbelievable. It is a life which I have imagined 10 times over, again and again. Where kindness overrides hate, where peaces is what is known and where honesty is the norm. You are free to be who you are, for noone shall pass judgement."

"Just being able to touch trees, feel the land beneath my feet, submerge myself beneath water, watch nature forgoe it's daily activity, eat food as mother nature intended, is just the most beautiful thing to me!"

I think the sunshine allows us to appreciate the simple things in life a lot more and hope with all my heart this has put you in a beautiful mood for the rest of the day. Now, whilst we're on the subject of nature and being outdoors, I think I need to find one of those fitness parks, as there's no fun in training indoors on such a wonderful day like today x